Friday, November 26, 2021

Lo Chan Kee Cantonese Wanton Noodles (老陳記廣東雲吞麵), Holland Drive Food Centre

Lo Chan Kee Cantonese Wanton Noodles (老陳記廣東雲吞麵), sui gao noodles

I've been wanting to try this Lo Chan Kee (#02-23 Holland Drive Market & Food Centre, 44 Holland Drive) for a while because I've been recommended. Now that I have, I thought their sui gao noodles (水饺面) was a let down because eating that came with the inevitable comparison with Hong Kong Soya Sauce Chicken Noodle Rice (香港玫瑰油鸡麵饭) and Xiang Jiang Soya Sauce Chicken (香江豉油鸡).

The skin of the dumplings weren't as smooth and the stuffings didn't feel as bountiful if you catch my drift. There's only minced meat, no shrimps and wood ear fungus. These ones were 80 cents a piece so it just made more sense to pay $1.20 for that superior one at Beauty World. Also - clumpy dry noodles.

Lo Chan Kee Cantonese Wanton Noodles (老陳記廣東雲吞麵), Holland Drive Food Centre

No comments: