Thursday, November 04, 2021

Tian Tian Hainanese Curry Rice (天天海南咖哩飯), Bukit Merah View

Tian Tian Hainanese Curry Rice (天天海南咖哩飯), Bukit Merah View

I had been introduced to this stall (#01-253, 116 Bukit Merah View) by an ex co-worker years ago. Didn't leave much of an impression at that time but for some reasons, I got reminded of it and came down for lunch.

To be more accurate, there was more than curry going on. There're six sauces which was ladled with varying quantities over the rice - three of which are curries. I don't think there's a formula there or at least I couldn't figure out how they decided. The result was a melange of flavours with each mouthful determined by how and how much you mixed things up or where you took that spoonful. I wouldn't say what I had gotten was a definitive curry flavour like say the one from Hong Seng.

Cabbage was tender and garlicky. There's pork chops which do have meat in them but are thinner cuts than those at Loo's. I got some fried prawns as well. The latter didn't taste as good as those from the Beo Crescent curry rice stall though.

No comments: