Saturday, January 22, 2022

A Noodle Story, Guoco Tower

A Noodle Story, Guoco Tower

A Noodle Story has a stall now at the basement of Guoco Tower (#B2-32 Guoco Tower, 1 Wallich Street). The Amoy Food Centre stall is still undergoing renovations I hear. I wanted to eat this again to see if my views of them had changed. This was the medium sized bowl - I don't remember what size it was that I had previously. The first thing that I missed was those fried prawns wound in potato strips. It was replaced with a regular battered prawn. 😢

The bowl is built for maximizing umami. The thing that had gotten to me a little was the sweetness in the sauce of the noodles that I wished wasn't there. But it's their sauce. Otherwise I think I'm understanding it a little better. Not much has changed - their noodle texture was still wiry as I liked them. Those delicious wantons in soup were packed with meat and shrimp - flavoured with sesame oil and I thought I detected a hint of ginger. Soup was also not bad tasting.

A Noodle Story, Guoco Tower

No comments: