Tuesday, January 04, 2022

Kantan by the SIB'S, Golden Mile Food Centre

Kantan by the SIB'S, nasi kerabu

I was mostly curious about the blue rice from the Kelantanese nasi kerabu that this stall (#B1-20 Golden Mile Food Centre, 505 Beach Road) was selling. Not just because it was Smurf-y blue but also that the ingredients also reminded me of nasi ulam which I've had once. Both of which are somewhat uncommon and similar from the salad on rice aspect. What was served with this blue pea flower rice to be eaten together were julienned cucumber, cabbage, laksa leaves, some salted egg and toasted coconut.

Kantan by the SIB'S, nasi kerabu

I was told by the stall that I should toss them up before eating. It's pretty good. Not much flavour coming from the rice; most of it came from the laksa leaves, salted egg and the lime-y chilli with the toasted coconut just in the background. I liked it. This was the honey grilled chicken plate by the way - I think it's more kecap manis than honey. There was also a solok lada - the green chilli stuffed with coconut mackerel paste. 

Kantan by the SIB'S, Golden Mile Food Centre

No comments: