Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Even more pasta and pizza from Zazz Pizza

Zazz Pizza, Cross Street Exchange

Back at Zazz Pizza much faster than I thought we would. We were offered a couple of shots of grappa on the house at the end of the meal. I wonder if they remembered our faces. 😱

Zazz Pizza, meatball pomodoro

Pleasantly surprised by their pomodoro sauce for their meatballs. There's cheese and garlic flavour in it that mellowed the sour from the tomatoes. Meatballs also had a molten cheesy centre. The meat was marinated for flavour and while it wasn't bad, I'm usually more of a more is less kind of person when it comes to beef.

Zazz Pizza, seafood aglio olio

Pretty good seafood linguine aglio olio there. I'm getting a bit of garlic and something that might have been a savoury seafood stock - I cannot be sure. But we liked it enough to lament that there wasn't enough noodles. Prawns were sweet and mussels were plump. I think the point has been made.

Zazz Pizza, parma pizza

I've been wanting to try their Parma pizza because of those pomegranates that they sprinkled on top. Added some tanginess in that which doesn't happen in most Parma ham pizzas. The crust was exceptional today. I liked how chewy it was beneath the crusty surface. Pizza where I'd gladly finish the cornicione. That's why we keep coming back for their pizzas. 

Zazz Pizza, dark chocolate sorbet

Chocolate sorbet to finish (and affogato too!). The texture was just a little bit creamy and didn't feel so sorbet to me though. 

No comments: