Sunday, July 04, 2021

Yuan Lang Soy Sauce Chicken Master (元朗油鸡博士), Chinatown Food Centre

Yuan Lang Soy Sauce Chicken Master (元朗油鸡博士), chicken rice

This was much like the Hong Kong styled chicken rice, not the local Hainanese variety which most of us are used to. The bird was less meaty/fat and wasn't slurp off the bone tender. The meat was firmer and the skin was much more yellow and dimply. In this part of the world, it's usually referred to kampong chicken rice

I didn't dislike it as I did enjoy how the chicken was salted and that it had a natural chicken-y flavour. Rice was sufficiently flavoured, beady and dry-ish but were also where I thought it differed from the Hong Kong rendition I've had which uses regular steamed rice. But I haven't eaten much chicken rice in Hong Kong so I'm not authority on that. Like I said, I didn't dislike them (#02-041 Chinatown Food Centre, 335 Smith Street) but I don't think they would be a go to for me like say 169 Hainanese Chicken Rice just around the corner.

Yuan Lang Soy Sauce Chicken Master (元朗油鸡博士), Chinatown Food Centre

No comments: